Wednesday, October 31, 2007

An Update for Jenni


Hey,
I thought I would let you know that I am back from my detox. Things went far better than I ever could have expected! I was in the hospital for six days, but I was very fortunate that my doctor did not feel that I needed an additional inpatient rehab program. I realize that I have a number of things I need to do for myself for my own rehabilitation but I am so grateful to be given a second chance. It is very hard to talk about without completely falling to tears but I know God loves me! I never dreamed that I could feel this well again. I am ashamed that I have wasted the last two and a half years on self medication, sinking further and further. I don't want to forget where I was because I never want to go down that road again, but I am so grateful that so many people loved me. I had no idea that the medications could actually have been causing so many of my problems, but they were. I feel as if I have truely been given a second chance. I do not have the pain, numbness or tingling down the left arm any more. I have still some minimal headaches, but they say the withdrawal will continue probably for another five days or so, every day is better than the last though. I'm sorry if I don't call and talk, I am still very emotional and want very much to move forward. I have so much to catch up with and so many people to thank, but I can't express thanks without tears.
Thank You!! Jenni

No comments: